Sunday, December 27, 2009

Exciting News!

I have wanted to share this for over a month now!! I know what everyone is thinking and no we are not adopting again. For a very long time I have had a heart for Ethiopia. I have prayed that somehow Hug Away could find a way to work there. Well let me just say that God in all His amazing awesomeness (don't care if it is a word or not!) has provided a wonderful opportunity and we are moving forward.
Some friends of mine who have been missionaries in Ethiopia and are still very much involved (they go back several times a year) introduced me to their "son" when he was here visiting from Ethiopia a few weeks ago. Him and his wife have started a school for some children and we are going to help find sponsors for them! It was surreal! As he spoke of their desire to help these children all I kept thinking to myself was "this is a match made in heaven!"
We are still working out some things but I already have their pictures and history and they are beautiful! The board has decided that we are going to help fix up their school and work in the community. We hope to raise over $50,000 and take a team down there soon. Have I told you lately how much I love God?
What a blessing it is that we have been chosen to do this. I am humbled. Here is a picture of my newest babies! Pray that we find sponsors for all of them (already have some) and we are able to raise the funds needed. I will share more later.
If you would like some more information you can email me at: hugawayfoundation@cox.net or if you want to help with a donation go to www.hugaway.org. Your donation is tax deductible.

Aren't they beautiful? Be still my heart!

No comments: