Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Today

Sucked! That is all there is to it. Dustin left this morning. Saying goodbye to him is extremely hard. The happiness I felt when he surprised me a few weeks ago is the extreme opposite of what I feel now. Mike flew out to Palm Springs with him to drive him back to 29 Palms. It took a little longer than he thought and Mike missed his flight home. He has been gone since last Wednesday, came home yesterday and is gone again and can't get home. If that isn't bad enough, news came out today that adoptions in Vietnam are shutting down. Because of a few greedy, shady idiots who can't play by the rules, family's lives were torn apart and hundreds of children may never come home to their forever family. That absolutely breaks my heart.
On a positive note our beautiful daughter, Jordan was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society last night. We are so proud of her. She is sweet, kind and modest and smart! She receives another award from Duke University's Talent Program May 15 at Tulsa University. One more cool thing happened yesterday. My husband was at the airport, I think in Dallas or OKC and he saw this women with this quote " A handsome lively little asian boy'' I knew who it was before he said another word. My friend was due home yesterday from Vietnam and that sweet little boy is from the same orphanage as Kennedy.
Please say a prayer for all the families and children who were affected by the shut down.

No comments: