by Jordan Bayer
When you have adopted and it is obvious your children are a different nationality, you can expect certain things.
- To be stared at when you walk into a restaurant.
- To be asked the rudest questions at Walmart!
- To be asked if your 3 month old daughter will speak Korean or English when she grows up!
- Are they "real" sisters
- Whose there daddy? My answer is always "No clue they all have different daddies!"
- Are they Japanese? sigh.
- Are they Chinese? sigh.
- Are they Hispanic? huh?
- Orientals are so cute! Hello! Oriental is a rug. They are asians or Korean/American..Vietnamese/American!
- Where's their mom? Excuse me, you are talking to her!
- Rare but has happened. Why didn't you adopt your own kind? I did you kumquat, the human kind!
Of course there are those precious people who truly are interested and they shyly approach you and ask what led you to adoption? God Bless you wonderful people! I will talk to you any time, anywhere any place. Again let me remind all of you "50 is the new I love being a mom, even an older mom. It keeps me young and happy!