Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year and New Beginnings

I love new beginnings. And what better way to start than the New Year. I really don't make resolutions or promises. I like to make goals. Goals are something you "hope" to achieve. I have the normal goals like lose ten more pounds, eat healthier, exercise more, getting organized. But this year I have goals that I hope will make a difference to others.
I don't know if it's because I am getting older but I have this urgency to do more for others. Not just in Ethiopia but anywhere I go. One of my hero's Mother Teresa said "Do small things with great love." That is all it takes. A smile, a kind word, a hug. Sounds simple but it works. It is always the small acts of kindness others will remember. Think about it. Your kids write you a note telling you they love you or thank you. Your husband gives you a compliment, your boss tells you they appreciate you. Come on, you know when this happens it gives you a little gitty in you up!
So why not starting today we pay it forward with word or acts of kindness. There is to much negative in the world. Let's put some positive back in it!

A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered. Carve your name on hearts, not on marble. 
~Charles H. Spurgeon

No comments: