Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Mom



Tonight I went to my youngest daughters meet the teacher night. Again I sat there in a second grade classroom, in a tiny chair looking down once again at the little drawing my daughter made me because she knew without a doubt I would be there. The surroundings are all to familiar. I added it up, I have attended 27 meet the teacher nights ( this was the 3rd time for this particular teacher) at this elementary school! On the bright side only three more to go.

As I looked at all the young moms sitting there hanging on to the teachers every word and asking lots of questions I was thinking to myself that I would have never in a million years imagined that I would still be sitting here at this stage in my life. That wasn't my plan. But God had a different plan and I am so glad He did. The older I get the better my life becomes.

I may never be the youngest mom, the skinniest mom or the coolest mom in Kennedy's class, but I will always and forever be her mom...and Cameron's mom, Jordan's mom, Dustin's mom, Cody's mom and Michael's mom and that makes me a blessed mom!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Elaine
I was sitting in Coltons class last night thinking the exact same thing!!!! I love knowing that I'm not the only "seasoned" mom in BA!!!!