Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Vacation

Does a mom really ever have a vacation? I have often pondered this question. This past week we took our annual Fathers Day vacation trek down to Rockport Texas. Our first stop is at my sister and brother in laws house outside San Antonio, my home town (Go Spurs!) we spend the night and a day then all of us make the two hour trip to Rockport.
My crew will now live in our RV for a week. Yes, all the luxuries of home, laundry, dirty dishes, beds to make, meals to fix and let's not forget trying to go to the bathroom with your knees in your chest!
So where is the vacation part? I mean I have fun with my family and I love spending time with them but I am so exhausted by the time we get back I need to go to work to chill!
The first year we started this we stayed at a nice condo on the beach at Padre Island, now that was a vacation! My sister Jodie and I decided we are going back to the condo deal.
I did find time to do my bible study, that was nice. Wherever you are you should find time for God. That alone time is energizing! Don't take a vacation from God.

No comments: