One of my favorite scriptures is Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. So when things are not going the way I planned or dreams seem to be "broken", when I don't think/believe I can do this anymore I remember this scripture. I also remember that God can take ashes and make them more beautiful than you ever imagined, IF we keep on keeping on and keeping our hope and faith alive.
We are coming up on a couple of dates that I would just soon forget but the fact is that these dates will always remind me what I don't want to remember. Make sense? I don't want to remember the sadness, the brokenness, the heart ache, the not knowing. But ironically through this journey it's the brokenness and everything that went with it that brought me closer to God. I was totally dependent on Him.
Life will always be full of peaks and valleys. The peaks are those wonderful times in life that we never want to end. The valleys are those times we usually are thinking "Why?" But if it wasn't for the journeys we take through the valley's I don't believe we could ever truly appreciate our peaks in life.
. I thought I would share some of the things God showed me this past year.
- God first in all things!
- Never take those we love for granted
- Don't let the busyness of life take you away from what is important...your family.
- Work as a team not against one another
- Think about what your actions and words before you do or say anything.
- Don't judge
- Don't believe everything you hear. There are always two sides to the story
- Have a safe person you can share everything with
- Seek wise council
- Remember Satan will always attack your weakest link. Be prepared! Go back to 1-4
- Don't give up
- Don't sweat the small stuff
- Share your fears, concerns, worries with those it concerns. Be honest!
- Confront kindly
- Tell your spouse and kids you love them everyday
- Make those you love feel valued.
- Honor and respect those you love
- Remember to forget the things that really don't matter
- Talk about it. Don't ignore that BIG elephant in the room
- Fight the good fight
- Appreciate the lessons you learned.